Tea and gin? Yes please!
We obviously use Earl Grey Lavender Cérémonie Tea and as with all our cocktails, our MO is infusion. Jasmine pearl, Coconut Lime Oolong, Vanilla Rooibos – yomsh. We adore Cérémonie for their use of bright periwinkle lavender flowers in their blend – it’s beautiful to smell, watch as it steeps, and the trace of flavour is magical!
So we picked a great gin trusting that the pine-fresh citrus of juniper (which is more cone than berry) would fuse delightfully with the bergamot of Earl Grey.
- Infuse one 750ml bottle of gin with 10-20g of Earl Grey Lavender
- Brew one cup of Earl Grey Lavender tea (infuse with 2g of loose leaf tea)
- Blitz one lemon and some water with a hand blender
- Blitz one egg white
Mix: (makes two Marteanis)
- 2 shots Earl Grey Lavender-infused gin
- 2-3 shots cold Earl Grey Lavender tea
- 2 shots of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1.5 shots of simple syrup
- Blitz ingredients together quickly
- Shake over ice
- Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with fresh lavender
- Use fresh ingredients … use the natural bitter of the gin, not the bitter of old lemon juice!
- Check with your guests that they aren’t allergic to egg whites (I know?!)
- Don’t use too much alcohol – you can always have more than one, but we advise on taste first – always.
- Smile 🙂
We’re going to try this with fresh orange instead of lemon! We’ll let you know how it works out!